Sign up for more information
Tuesday night Stretch and StrengthenA spin off from our Parent Wellness Group...Join us as we have activities designed to strengthen the spirit paired with mild Yoga type exercises.
Bounce House ClubJoin the Bounce House Club and bounce with your friends once a month. (10 and under)
Laser Tag ClubJoin the Laser Tag Club and play with your FEAT friends once a month. (Recommended for 8 and over).
Behavior ParentOngoing support for parents of children with problem behaviors.
Autism is a severe developmental disability usually identified during the first three years of a child's life. Autism significantly affects a child's language development, communication, social interaction, learning and behavior.
- One child in every 110 is diagnosed with autism or a related disorder according to the CDC.
- Autism is the fastest growing serious developmental disability in the United States.
- Today, Autism Spectrum Disorder is more common than childhood cancer, cystic fibrosis, and multiple sclerosis combined.
- Autism is a condition for which many treatments are NOT covered by most insurance companies in New York State.
- ABA is the sole methodology supported by the Surgeon General with an established empirical basis, and is the only methodology recommended by the New York State Department of Health.
If you are concerned that your child may be affected, contact your doctor immediately. Don't have a doctor to contact, call us and we can help refer you to local specialists who can assist you.
We know how difficult this time may be. We are here for you! Please contact us immediately to see what assistance we can offer.
If you think your child may be affected or have been recently diagnosed: If your child is not yet 3 years old, you can also contact Early Intervention by calling the Special Children Services Intake Coordinator at 435-3230 or on the web.
If your child is 3 or older, contact your school district's Special Education Department.
For more information, check out the Act Early website.